Perform morphological 'dilation' filtering. Adds pixel in center of the kernel if conditions set in kernel are true.
dilate(img, kernel, i, device, debug=None)
returns device, image after dilation
- img1 - Input image
- kernel - An odd integer that is used to build a kernel x kernel matrix using np.ones
- i - Iterations, i.e. the number of consecutive filtering passes
- device - Counter for image processing steps
- debug- None, "print", or "plot". Print = save to file, Plot = print to screen. Default = None
- Used to perform morphological dilation filtering. Helps expand objects at the edges, particularly after erosion.
- Example use:
Input grayscale image
import plantcv as pcv # Perform dilation # Results in addition of pixels to the boundary of object device, dilate_img = pcv.dilate(img, kernel, 1 device, debug='print')
Image after dilation