Creates a binary image from a gray image using adaptive thresholding.
plantcv.adaptive_threshold(img, maxValue, thres_type, object_type, device, debug=None)
returns device, thresholded image
- img - grayscale img object
- maxValue - value to apply above threshold (255 = white)
- thres_type = type of thresholding ('gaussian' or 'mean')
- objecttype - 'light' or 'dark', is target image light or dark?
- device- Counter for image processing steps
- debug- None, "print", or "plot". Print = save to file, Plot = print to screen. Default = None
- Used to help differentiate plant and background
Grayscale image (green-magenta channel)
from plantcv import plantcv as pcv # Create binary image from a gray image based device, threshold_gaussian = pcv.adaptive_threshold(img, 255, 'gaussian','dark', device, debug="print")
Auto-Thresholded image (gaussian)
from plantcv import plantcv as pcv # Create binary image from a gray image based device, threshold_mean = pcv.adaptive_threshold(img, 255, 'mean','dark', device, debug="print")
Auto-Thresholded image (mean)