Vertical Boundary Line Tool¶
Set boundary line with boundary tool, this allows the user to find the extent-x ('width') to the right and to the left as well as the area to the right and to the left of the set boundary line. This tool functions best if the pot size/position of the plant remains relatively constant.
plantcv.analyze_bound_vertical(img, obj, mask, line_position)
returns image with boundary data
- img - RGB or grayscale image data for plotting
- obj - single or grouped contour object
- mask - binary mask of selected contours
- line_position - position of boundary line (a value of 0 would draw the line through the left of the image)
- Used to define a boundary line for the image, to find the width to the right and to the left as well as area to the right and to the left of a boundary line.
- Example use:
- Output data stored: Data ('vertical_reference_position', 'width_left_reference', 'width_right_reference', 'area_left_reference', 'percent_area_left_reference',
'area_right_reference', 'percent_area_right_reference') automatically gets stored to the
Outputsclass when this function is ran. These data can always get accessed during a workflow (example below). For more detail about data output see Summary of Output Observations
from plantcv import plantcv as pcv # Set global debug behavior to None (default), "print" (to file), # or "plot" (Jupyter Notebooks or X11) pcv.params.debug = "print" # Set Boundary Line boundary_image = pcv.analyze_bound_vertical(img=img, obj=obj, mask=bin_mask, line_position=1000) # Access data stored out from analyze_bound_vertical area_right_reference = pcv.outputs.observations['area_right_reference']['value']
Boundary tool output image (x = 1000)
Boundary line set at 1000, purple line is boundary line, blue line is extent x right of the boundary line, green is area right of boundary line. Green line is extent x left of the boundary line and red is area left of the boundary line.
Boundary tool output image (x = 1100)
Boundary line set at 1100, purple is boundary line, blue line is extent x right of the boundary line, green is area right of boundary line. Green line is extent x left of the boundary line and red is area left of the boundary line.
Source Code: Here