Reads image into numpy ndarray and splits the path and image filename. This is a wrapper for the OpenCV function imread.
plantcv.readimage(filename, mode = "native")
returns img, path, image filename
- filename - image file to be read (possibly including a path)
- mode - return mode of image ("native," "rgb,", "rgba", or "gray"), defaults to "native"
- Reads in file to be processed
- In most cases, the alpha channel in RGBA image data is unused (and causes issue when used as RGB image data),
so unless specificed as
pcv.readimage()function will read RGBA data in as an RGB image under default settings (
mode='native'). However, if the alpha channel is needed users can specify
- In most cases, the alpha channel in RGBA image data is unused (and causes issue when used as RGB image data), so unless specificed as
- Example use:
from plantcv import plantcv as pcv # Set global debug behavior to None (default), "print" (to file), # or "plot" (Jupyter Notebooks or X11) pcv.params.debug = "print" #read in image img, path, img_filename = pcv.readimage("home/user/images/test-image.png", "native")