Triangle Auto Threshold¶
Creates a binary image from a gray image using adaptive thresholding.
plantcv.threshold.triangle(gray_img, max_value, object_type="light", xstep=1)
returns thresholded/binary image
- gray_img - Grayscale image data
- max_value - Value to apply above threshold (255 = white)
- object_type - "light" or "dark" (default: "light"). If object is lighter than the background then standard thresholding is done. If object is darker than the background then inverse thresholding is done.
- xstep - Value to move along x-axis to determine the points from which to calculate distance recommended to start at 1 (default) and change if needed.
- Used to help differentiate plant and background
Grayscale image (green-magenta channel)
from plantcv import plantcv as pcv # Set global debug behavior to None (default), "print" (to file), # or "plot" (Jupyter Notebooks or X11) pcv.params.debug = "print" # Create binary image from a gray image based thresholded = pcv.threshold.triangle(gray_img=gray_img, max_value=255, object_type='light', xstep=10)
Triangle Auto-Thresholded image (xstep=10)
# Create binary image from a gray image based thresholded = pcv.threshold.triangle(gray_img=gray_img, max_value=255, object_type='light', xstep=1)
Triangle Auto-Thresholded image (xstep=1)
Source Code: Here